Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacation 2k11: Winchester, VA

Today is our first day home since our adventure up north.  It was a crazy 10 days, but overall a very fun vacation.  There is so much to tell, so I'm going to break it up in multiple posts.

On Friday, after loading up the car, we took off around 11 (only an hour after when we wanted to leave).  After a quick stop at a fabric store in Richmond (mom finally found one she liked for her new office) and a sandwich from Arby's we continued to Winchester, VA for a night with my grandparents.  The whole family was there to celebrate my Uncle Mark's birthday.  We all sat around the table and shared a yummy feast for dinner and heard stories from Pollyjack's cruise to Alaska and saw the blueprints for Uncle Mark and Liz's new house (which is amazing I might add).  By the way, Pollyjack is a term my sister and I use for our grandparents.  When we were younger we would obviously always here people refer to them by their first names, Polly and Jack, and so we thought they were each named Pollyjack and Pollyjack.  And since then, it's stuck.  

Later that night, my mom, Liz, and I sat and listened to the stories exchanged by my grandparents, uncle, and dad from their childhood.  Some stories were funny, others were kind of sad.  Most of them were about silly injuries my dad and uncle had obtained when they were younger.  By the time that was over we were all ready for bed.  It took me forever to fall asleep that night because I couldn't stop thinking of all the places I was going to get to see that week!





Happy Birthday Uncle Mark!



Isn't he cute?!

The 3 generations...My Granddad (son of Roy Perrin Duvall), Gregory Perrin Duvall, and me, Perrin Elizabeth Duvall!  My name comes from my great granddad, Roy Perrin.   
Tomorrows post is all about our next stop, Lancaster, PA (a.k.a. Amish Country)!
xoxo,
erin with a p and a double r

No comments:

Post a Comment