Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Before and After: My Room

Ok, so I have been dying to show this for months now.  I haven't been able to because I had to finish a couple of things I started this summer before I could show the finished product.  Now don't get too excited.  All I did was clean up a few things, rearranged some furniture, painted the walls and trim, and added a few things like new blinds and carpet.  But just by doing these things I feel like it made the world of a difference.  I love my room now.  It just feels so me.  Pink and green with white furniture and little things that mean a lot to me.  Ok enough explaining for now.  Here are some before and after pics... 













It's hard to tell in the after pictures, but the room was actually painted a lot lighter green than it was original.  It's still a bit limier than I wanted it, but I

One of my best friends while doing this.

Doesn't this look awful?!

Nothing some hardware from Home Depot can't fix!



My closet had no doors for a while.

My bed for a few nights.
 Here are a few more pictures of what it looks like now:

This is one of the only original invitations left to Roy Perrin and Mamie's (the people I talked about in the post before) wedding.  They were hand painted invites and this was found when cleaning out Jeanie's house.  The nightstand and lamp were also from Jean's house.  



Distressing became my new obsession. These letters, found at Michaels, were repainted and distressed as well as all the frames above my desk.   

New knobs were put on the nightstand and on my closet doors.  They were bought at Anthrolpologie, the best place to find fun, unique knobs.  

My new reading nook!

I had these closet doors for at least 5 years and they were never painted. They were only primed in this ugly gray color that was horrible, so I finally gave them the paint job they deserved.











That's all!  Redoing my room was so fun for me and I learned so much from doing it.  Hope you enjoyed!
xoxo,
erin with a p and double r

p.s. only 4 more days until Christmas!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment