Wednesday, December 15, 2010

home sweet home

i'm back, i'm back, i'm back! exams are done and i'm back in business with blogging. because i missed friday AND monday, i'm going to combine everything on a wednesday! i know, i know. totally illegal. but i'm going do it anyways.         
so...favorites. today my favorites are random. very random actually.  
1. the middle seat on the bus
i told you they were random... 
having a class in memorial hall (a building further away from campus) means i take the bus every day to and from class. there is one seat that as soon as i get on the bus i look to see if someone is sitting there. if not, i rush to get it before somebody else does. if so, i might say a few foul words in my head directed towards them. kidding. but i do get a little upset when that seat is occupied. why do i get so angry? i don't think you'll understand, but i'll try to explain anyways. first, it's perfect for people watching and i'm a big fan of people watching. you can look to your left, right, and straight down to the end of the bus at all the people. so great. secondly, it's right by the heat and i loooove heat. especially when it's freeeezing (literally) outside. 
this is me in my seat (see the heater behind me!!)

friends around me and my seat!


2. post-it notes
the randomness is not getting any better is it?
but i seriously don't know what i would do without them! they keep me sane. i use them for anything and everything. it was the one thing i made sure i stocked up on before coming to school. some of the current ones hanging on the wall in my dorm are "remember pencils for the morning," "Philippians 4:6-7 'Do not be anxious about anything...'" and "mail in rebate for cell phone." see what i mean? they keep me sane. i would forget so much if it wasn't for these little sticky pieces of paper. i don't only stick them on the wall though. books, Bible, mirror, anywhere i can get some free space, there's sure to be a sticky note. the pictures below are an example of another great use of post-it notes. these were all posted on my wall in my room from some dear friends when i got home from thanksgiving. so fun!


my favorite



and now for the christmas favorite! (this is where the mistletoe monday part comes in).

3. my favorite Christmas movie, and don't laugh, but it's White Christmas. ahhh so good!! it's a classic. again, don't laugh, but i'm watching it right now while sitting in front of the fireplace and writing this anticipating the snow tonight for my white Christmas. as a little girl, i would watch this movie ALL the time; whether it was Christmas or not. i loved the music, the dancing, and i admired how beautiful Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen were. plus it's got Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye. so talented! i think i pretty much have all the lines memorized and after watching it over and over again i never get sick of it.


i'm going to finish my movie now and make some Zen tea that my momma got me for the care package she never sent. yeah, typical mom... but make sure you check the blog this week because i will be leaving for the big apple on friday night and will have lots to talk about!!!! i'm not excited at all. just kidding! i can hardly wait!! i'm counting down the hours! so, make sure you check it friday! hope you're staying warm and enjoying your night! 
xoxo,
erin with a p and a double r
  

1 comment:

  1. love. love. love.
    i can't wait to see what daniel has to say on his blog....

    ReplyDelete