Thursday, July 26, 2012

Powis.

We arrived on Wednesday after a 6 hour van ride to a castle in Wales called Powis Castle. And on the grounds of this castle is a temporary YL camp. I say temporary because after these few weeks it is land that cows live on. Bill, the mastermind behind creating this camp, is incredible. I have no idea how he does it. He took a field and made it into a luxury camp for kids- blob, water slide, hot tub, showers, the whole 9 yards.  It was exactly like YL camp in the states just without the resort-like feel and with a UK twist. 

Katie and I had the absolute privilege of leading a cabin of girls from Bangor in Northern Ireland. I can't begin to describe what an impact this group had on me and how much I learned from them. I knew the Lord wanted me in the UK for a reason and now I finally know why. He knew I was supposed to meet these people and lead these girls. It was in His plan all along. I can't believe I'm typing this because I never thought I would say this, but it has totally opened up a new door for me. I had never thought about going on staff internationally before but now I think it's something to really pray about and consider. Watching the Bangor leaders love on each other and love kids was so encouraging. Saying bye to the girls this morning was one of the hardest things I've ever done. You thought I cried while saying bye to you, well you should've seen me after the bus pulled away.  The tears just wouldn't stop.  You hold such a special place in my heart and I know it wasn't "goodbye" but just a "see you later." Bangor, thanks for making this week such an incredible and unforgettable week! Start fundraising now!! 


I can't believe my time in the UK is almost finished.  I have no clue where it went.  The next few days we are touring and such, so the next time I post I will probably be back in America! 

xoxo,
erin with a p and a double r

No comments:

Post a Comment