Saturday, January 7, 2012

goodbye break...hello spring semester

I always know a break is over when I'm running around doing laundry and trying to see people to say goodbye to.  I woke up this morning thinking, "Today is the last day of break. What do I want to before I leave?"  This is the first break I've been mostly sad to leave home.  I usually love the excitement of going back to school, seeing everyone, and getting in the groove of routine again.  Not this time. This break I've really enjoyed home.  There's no schedule and no work.  


Since coming home from our Christmas trips I was able to work a lot, ring in the new year with my family and friends, see Sherlock Holmes 2 with my dad, have a movie and craft night with Lauren, get totally addicted to White Collar (a tv show- I'm not addicted to doing crime), hang out with the O'Donnell fam, cook a little, and just relax.  It's been so great. 


To get me excited for tomorrow I keep thinking about all there is to look forward to this semester.  I know once I'm up in Harrisonburg with everyone I'm going to love it.  This semester I'll get to see the snow and the beautiful days on the quad, go to Richmond for Young Life Committee/Leader weekend and see friends, hang out with Montevideo girls, grow relationships with friends at school, learn lots in classes (had to put that in there for the parentals to see), go to Rockbridge for prayer overnight, be an Apple Blossom princess, and grow in my walk with the Lord.  I know it's going to be a great semester. So here we go.  


I'm off to finish lots of loads of laundry, go see We Bought a Zoo, celebrate Trey's 4th birthday (crazy!!), and run some errands.  
xoxo,
erin with a p and a double r

No comments:

Post a Comment