Tuesday, June 21, 2011

clover and recipe 2

Clover is in the middle of nowhere.  And when I say nowhere, I mean nooooowhere.  Lots of bendy roads, deer dodging, and skunk smelling are what you go through to get there.  This past weekend my mom, grandma, and I travelled there to stay with my great aunt, CC (we called her that when we we're young and it's stuck ever since) for my cousin's wedding!  We met my Uncle John, Aunt Karen, and my cousin, Meredith, there too.  I make it sound like I don't like it there, but actually I loooove it.  This is the same place I've spent, and my mom has spent, every Christmas.  It's tradition, and I love it.  


Saturday morning we went to my Aunt Frances' house to meet the newest addition to the family, and the upcoming celeb, Jack.  He is adorable and I'm definitely part of his fan club.  Saturday night was the wedding and it was so much fun! Meredith and I busted our moves out on the dance floor and they had to drag us off when it was time to go.  Sunday was spent cleaning CC's old, dusty house and cooking her a special birthday lunch.  It was a quick, but great weekend!  The best part for me?  Today I found chiggers all over my body from walking in the tall grasses at CC's house.  Grosssss.  I l-o-v-e chiggers...sike!  


my favorite porch swing!

CC's house!

CC grows grapes and when they're ripe they are soo delicious!


my grandma and jack!





i told you he was a celeb!

this is my grandma and CC's childhood home located in the woods behind CC's house.
people have bought it and have been working to historically renovate it for almost 7 years now!








haha uncle john posing for the camera

my cute little grandma!

Happy Birthday CC!


And here's another recipe!


Day 2: Soft Tacos with Tilapia and Chili-Lime Mayonnaise
serves 4


1 teaspoon ground cumin 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lime
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro 
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
1 cup lightly packed thinly sliced romaine
1 large tomato, chopped


1. Preheat oven to 450°F.  Spray 7 x 11-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Stir together cumin, salt, and pepper in cup.  Sprinke on tilapia.  
Place fish, skin side down, in baking dish; drizzle with oil. 
Cover baking dish with foil; bake until fish is just opaque in center, about ten minutes.
3. To make chili-lime mayonnaise, stir together mayonnaise, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and chili powder in bowl until mixed.
4. Remove skin from fish and cut into strips. 
Top each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of fish, 1/4 cup of lettuce, one-fourth of tomato, and generous 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise. 
Fold tacos in half.


Cut up some apples, oranges, and strawberries and enjoy the tacos with a colorful fruit salad!


xoxo,
erin with a p and a double r 

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! We had a fun time with you guys over the weekend, Perrin!

    ReplyDelete